Sunday, January 22, 2012

Easter 2011

As usual, my family and I would go over to Dr. Fuller's house for Easter. Here are pictures of all the treats I made last year. 

Here is a strawberry shortcake. I have never been a big fan of strawberry shortcakes, but everyone seems to love them and always want me to make them. 


This next cake was for Jane's birthday. It was a whipped cream cake with a raspberry buttercream filling. I used fondant for the decorations and had lots of fun cutting out flowers!!!


Below, is the infamous berry trifle. Years ago, I threw together a trifle with pound cake, creme anglaise, fresh berries, and whipped cream; it has been a Easter staple ever since.


Next is a carrot cake. Once I stumbled upon this recipe, no other carrot cake can compare. I have made it for years and it turns out wonderfully every time.


And last, but not least, is the cheesecake. A cheesecake must be made for all holidays otherwise Grandma Theresa will yell at me. And it has to be a plain cheesecake. I made the mistake of making a gingerbread cheesecake once for Christmas. I never heard the end of it. Grandma wants her cheesecake and it better be the plain, traditional one. Don't ever forget it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment