Monday, January 9, 2012

Valentines Day Creations

While I was still in school, I made some cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for a local bakery. The bakery was very small and the owner let me have free reign with the items I made. The items were made in my little 400 square foot apartment and then hand carried to the bakery, by myself, which was about four blocks away. Let's just say that I got pretty good at balancing cake boxes :)


This first cake was a rich devil's food cake filled with a nutella mousse and topped with ganache. Nutella is one of my favorite foods (yes, I eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon) and I try to incorporate it into as many cakes and cookies as possible. The chocolatey-hazelnut flavor is so yummy. If you've never had it, you need to go buy a jar immediately!!!


These heart-shaped cookies were made out of a sugar cookie dough and then just drizzled with some pink powdered sugar icing. My apartment smelled so good the day I made these. There is nothing better than the smell of sugar cookies in the oven.


This heart cake was another devil's food cake. It was covered in ganache and heart-shaped sprinkles.


These were wacky cake cupcakes with pink vanilla buttercream piped on top. I make these all the time!!!!


This pink cake was another wacky cake with pink vanilla buttercream. I believe I filled the layers with raspberry jam too. 


This white cake was an Italian cream cake with cream cheese icing. Although it is hard to see from the picture, I piped three hearts on the left side and sprinkled them with some red jimmies. 

I love stocking up on cake decorating supplies around Valentines Day. Everything is super cute and can be used for more than just one holiday. I usually stock up on cupcake liners and sprinkles, since they sell the most adorable ones this time of year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment