Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes

While I was still in school we had a pastry showcase as our practical final. I believe the name of the showcase was "Fall out of Fall" and each of us in the pastry class had to make a seasonal dessert/pastry for thirty people. I chose to make miniature gingerbread cheesecakes with little gingerbread cookies on top. Here is what they turned out to be:


The cheesecake crust was made from gingerbread cookies (home-made of course) that I crushed up in a food processor. The cheesecake batter was pretty standard. I just added some molasses and spices to make it gingerbread flavored. I have to say that this is one of my favorite non-traditional cheesecake flavors. 

This is how the miniature cheesecakes were displayed in the showcase; and yes, the gingerbread house was completely edible.



Here is a close up of the house. This gingerbread house came in a kit that I bought from Michaels. The kit came with all the pieces that I had to glue together. Then I had fun decorating the house. These kits are a great activity for kids and always wind up looking really cute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment