Friday, December 9, 2011

My Sister's Baby Shower

I can't believe that time has flown by so quickly. My niece, Madison, is now almost 15 months old and such a cutie. I, along with the help of some of my sister's good friends and my mom, threw her a baby shower almost two and a half years ago!!! I was in charge of the invitations and making all the desserts. We served hors d'oeuvres and bite sized desserts; and trust me, we had a lot of them. 

Here is a picture of the whole dessert table with a beautiful diaper cake made by Laura. 


These little tartlets were filled with a cream cheese mixture and topped with fresh berries. This was the only non-chocolate dessert I made!


Anyone who knows my sister, knows that she loves chocolate covered strawberries, so these were a must. I dipped them in dark chocolate and then drizzled some white chocolate over top.

 

Next were some flower shaped brownies with a raspberry buttercream. So simple and so yummy!!!


I had found these clear martini glasses in a party supply store years ago and thought they would be the perfect vessel for chocolate mousse. I topped the chocolate mousse with some raspberries. They were absolutely to die for. I'm pretty sure I ate most of the mousse myself :)


Below the mousse martini cups and in the center of this next picture are chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. My sister and I make cookie dough, not to make cookies, but to eat the dough with a spoon. Once I saw the recipe for these truffles, I knew I had to make them. It was a very simple cookie dough batter, that didn't include eggs, and didn't need to be baked. I covered the dough balls with chocolate and decorated them with some cute sprinkles.


This last picture is of a platter of fudge. I love making fudge, especially around the holidays, so I thought I'd make some for the shower. Everyone likes chocolate fudge anyways, right? This is just a simple chocolate fudge that I topped with some pink buttercream icing. It is so rich that just a little piece will do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment