Saturday, December 17, 2011

Speedy Birthday Cakes

Don't you love when you get a call from a friend the day before their birthday asking if you can make them a cake??? Well, that is exactly what happened with these next two cakes. 


This first cake, I believe was a wacky cake, and took me about one hour to make, bake, and decorate. I whipped up the batter, threw it in the oven, baked it, and then put it outside to cool. I remember it was cold after sitting outside for only fifteen minutes and I was truly amazed. I've never had a cake cool down that fast. About ten minutes to decorate and into the box it went. 


This pink and orange cake was made for Mallary (one of my boyfriend's college friends). I had no idea what colors she liked and somehow I read her mind because pink and orange are her favorite colors. Maybe I'm psychic. Anyways, this cake was another one that I needed to make in two hours and I think it turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment