Saturday, November 12, 2011

The 2004 Holiday Season

I always seem to get more creative around the holidays and want to make festive cakes. The next three cakes were all made for Christmas Day and I definitely spent a bit more time working on my presentation. I remember having a lot of fun decorating the snowman and Christmas tree cakes. Once again, both were made of Wacky Cake, and decorated with buttercream and lots of candy. I believe I found the pans in Michaels' or AC Moore and have used them a bunch over the years. You just have to make sure to grease them well otherwise the cakes won't turn out; and that's never fun.


Spongebob was requested by one of the little ones that year and I think he came out pretty cute. I used Grandma Theresa's Pound Cake for this cheerful guy and then piped lots and lots of stars of buttercream to cover him up. I think this pan was purchased at Michaels' as well :)


1 comment:

  1. I remember SpongeBob :) It was so much easier on my kitchen sink!

    ReplyDelete