Monday, November 28, 2011

2006: The Year of Making Cakes with Random Stuff in the Pantry

As I look back through the pictures of the cakes I made in 2006, they all had a similar theme; open the pantry doors and see what's inside . . . then turn it into a cake. I find that I've been doing this more often as time goes on. I usually have the basic ingredients for a cake in my pantry at all times and sometimes, when I get a craving for a slice of cake, it is nice to be able to just open the pantry doors and get to baking.

Here is a cake that I'm pretty sure I just made one day because I was craving something sweet. 


I don't remember what the cake or icing was, but I can tell by how beautiful the fruit looks on top that I made this cake in the spring time. I love pairing fruit with cakes and it always adds great color to what sometimes can be a plain cake.

This cake below is one that I made for my birthday. I must have been in a colorful mood that day because every color icing is on this cake.


I usually make myself a Wacky Cake for my birthday since I love chocolate and I'll never get tired of eating a wacky cake. I remember buying the candles and balloons years prior thinking, "I'll use these for something, someday." I tend to find myself saying that a lot these days (especially when I go to Michaels or A.C. Moore). Anyways, a bunch of my friends were coming over to celebrate my birthday and I wanted to make a fun cake; I think I definitely did.

This next cake was for Christmas.


I always look at this picture and think to myself, "what on earth was I thinking?" To this day, I still don't know. This cake was once again a Wacky Cake with some Wingnut Icing (which I will post the approximate recipe for at some point in the near future). Peach rings, peeps, and oddly colored candy canes some how made it onto the cake and although I don't think I would ever make another cake like this, it sure was interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment