Sunday, November 20, 2011

Easter 2005

Every year for Easter, my parents and I would head over to Dr. Fuller's house for the holiday. Dr. Fuller is like my second dad and his family adopted me the second the tried my cheesecake. They always did the food and I always made the desserts. It started out with just a cheesecake and then they asked me to make a carrot cake and a chocolate cake and lemon squares (those are Dr. Fuller's favorites). Before I knew it, every holiday I was making about nine different desserts to bring over to their house. All the family members put in their orders for the next holiday and the amount of desserts soon grew to ridiculous numbers. 

This Easter I made a bonnet cake for Jane made out of a whipped cream cake, that is really light and fluffy, and iced with buttercream. My mom had a cute bow in the closet which I added on with some ribbon to make it look like a real bonnet.


I also made some Wacky Cake cupcakes that I baked in ice cream cones. They are really simple and are great for kids parties. However, to make them look like real ice cream cones, you need to use a lot of icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment