Wednesday, November 9, 2011

June 2004

Let me just say that this month I did not produce the most beautiful looking cakes. Some were cute and some were complete train-wrecks. If I was to make these cakes right now, I have a feeling they would look at lot different. These next three cakes, I believe, were made for a 4th of July party.


This beetle was made out of "wacky" cake and frosted with some yummy green buttercream. This is my go-to cake when nothing else sounds good. Oreo cookies were used for the wheels and some jelly beans and Mike and Ikes for other details. Of course I nibbled on them as I decorated; you can't not!!!


Okay, so this is one of the train-wrecks I was talking about. If I remember correctly, it tasted pretty good, but this strawberry shortcake was horrendously ugly. I don't have a clue what I thinking when I iced it; oh well. Strawberry shortcake seems to be one of people's favorite desserts and I've never really understood why; it is basically just pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. Every time I eat it, I always expect there to be more to it, but I guess sometimes simple is better.


This sunny cake was really fun to make. I made another "wacky" cake and used ice cream cones covered in yellow buttercream to make it look like a sun. And what's a sun without some sunglasses, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment