Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The 2005 Holiday Season

This year pies seemed to be what everyone wanted. Pumpkin pie is a necessity for Thanksgiving and I remember that this year was the first time I tried a new recipe. I always used to make pumpkin pies with the recipe off the back of Libby's pumpkin cans; that was until I tried Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Pie Recipe. Her recipe is super easy to make and absolutely delicious. The pumpkin filling just melts in your mouth and is uber pumpkiny. I made the pie crust as well and here is what it looked like.


And here is a close up of the crust. I rolled out the pie crust and used a little pumpkin cookie cutter to make the design on the border. I affixed the pumpkin cut-outs with some egg wash and the stuck on pretty well. 


I also made an apple pie. I believe I used Martha's Pate Brisee recipe for the crust and cut-out little snowmen for the border. (This pie was for Christmas).


 Like the year before, I also made a snowman . . .


. . . and a Christmas tree. Both of these cakes were made out of Wacky Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment